St. Patrick's Day Virtual 5k
Challenge yourself by running the 2021 Virtual St. Patrick's Day 5 km
$30 for adults, $15 for children (born 2003 or later).
Skeena Valley Runners with paid membership fees receive a $3 discount on race fees. Learn more about membership here
-Entry fee includes:
- Unlimited 5k attempts (Choose your own safe course)
- Potential to win awesome door prizes.
- Unique finisher medal.
- Skeena Valley Runners buff (first 100 registrants)
- Sport insurance for your 5k attempts.
-How the race works:
- Sign-up to run the race
- Run a safe 5k route (following traffic rules) with a gps tracker or using a fitness tracking app (strava, run mapper, etc.) on your mobile device from March 1st to 31st. Submit proof of completion by submitting your GPS file, link to activity, or a screenshot of your activity to firstname.lastname@example.org*
- Awards will be given to the top three fastest male and female runners in the following categories: under 19, 19-34, 35-54, 55+.*
- Medals and awards will be available for pick-up at a local event sponsor. Unclaimed awards will be mailed to participants.
- 50% of race proceeds will be donated to high school track and field programs in Terrace, BC at Caledonia Secondary School and Centennial Christian School.
*To be eligible for top finisher awards and listed in the results you must submit a gps file (.gpx, .fit etc) to email@example.com. Screenshot submissions are ineligible for age category awards and overall results.
As a participant in this virtual event, I agree to:
- Not wear headphones while doing this virtual race, as this is not on a closed course.
- Review the route before running.
- Pick a virtual race time to avoid congestion.
- Carry a mobile phone as means to connect if you require assistance while running.
- Bring along adequate hydration and nourishment.
- Follow Provincial Physical Distancing Guidelines.
- Consult with a doctor before starting a new training regime.