Skeena Valley Runners 2021 Membership
Membership is required to participate in group runs, coaching programs, and learn to run clinics.
Benefits of Membership:
- Members receive a $3 discount on all Skeena Valley Runners' races.
- Discounts through BC Athletics.
- Sport accident insurance.
- Group runs and special events.
- Vote at our AGM.
Safety/ Acknowledgment of Risk:
The responsibility for sport safety must be shared by all. I, the undersigned, am aware that there is a certain risk of injury involved in my own or my child's participation in sport, either while traveling to or from the event; or while attending or participating in the programs or activities of the events which are sanctioned/approved by BC Athletics, its Divisions, its Member Clubs or recognized organizing societies. It is understood by me that the signing of this document is intended to indicate that on behalf of myself and/or my child I assume the shared responsibility and acknowledge the risk of injury by so participating.
By completing this membership application form, signing and joining BC Athletics you consent to the collection of this information and its use as per the BC Athletics Privacy Statement and Policy - see Identifying Purposes - Appendix II of the Policy available at www.bcathletics.org
For more information or to limit the release of information contact the BC Athletics Privacy Officer, Sam Collier at email@example.com.
Canadian Anti-Doping Program:
The Canadian Anti-Doping Program (CADP) is generally considered to be one of the most thorough and comprehensive doping control policies in the world. By operating on the basis of a collective agreement within the sport, the policy provides for a truly independent, transparent and cost-effective anti-doping system. It also provides the procedural fairness and protects the athletes’ rights throughout the process.
Benefits to Athletics Canada and its Members:
- Independent, transparent system provides the athletes and the public, confidence in Athletics Canada and our anti-doping policy.
- When all (majority) sports adopt the policy, it reduces our liability. The CADP serves as a shield against legal challenges to individual National Sport Organizations (NSO).
- The CADP and more specifically, the Standard Operating Procedures have not had any successful legal challenges.
- All testing services, laboratory analysis, result management and the administration of procedural fairness are all paid for by the Federal Government and the Canadian Centre for Ethics in Sport when Athletics Canada becomes part of the system by adopting the CADP.
Athletics Canada has adopted the 2015 Canadian Anti-Doping Program as the anti-doping policy and regulations of the organization.
We are excited about this decision as it will allow our club opportunity to host virtual and in-person races, group runs and learn to run clinics.
Runners participating in Skeena Valley Runners group runs will be asked to purchase a $20 Skeena Valley Runners Membership. The membership fee is included in the learn to run program fee. Membership is not necessary to participate in our races.
Advantages of membership include:
-$3 virtual and in-person race discount on all Skeena Valley Runners races
-An Athletics Canada membership through BC Athletics
-Discounts on goods and services from BC Athletics partners
-Liability and Sport Injury/Accident Insurance
-Opportunity to participate at the Skeena Valley Runners annual general club meeting