Get Active in January 2021 for your chance to win!
Run or run/walk for a minimum of 20 minutes and post your activity in the Facebook thread on our Facebook page.
One entry per day and each entry is a chance to win one of these amazing Arc'teryx trail running hoodies (men's and women's versions shown).
You can post a screenshot from your watch/strava or a selfie, it's on your honour.
Pace/distance doesn't matter.
Enter by posting on the thread on our Facebook page (click the button below)
Skeena Valley Runners 2021 Membership
St. Patrick's Day Vitrual 5k
Challenge yourself by running the 2021 Virtual St. Patrick's Day 5 km
$30 for adults, $15 for children (born 2003 or later).
Skeena Valley Runners with paid membership fees receive a $3 discount on race fees. Learn more about membership here
-Entry fee includes:
- Unlimited attempts on the St. Patrick's Day 5 km virtual course*.
- Potential to win awesome door prizes.
- Unique finisher medal.
- Skeena Valley Runners buff.
- Sport insurance for your race attempts.
-How the race works:
- Sign-up to run the race
- Request to join the strava group https://www.strava.com/clubs/Terrace5k
- Run this loop, the St. Patrick's Day Virtual 5km segment, with a gps tracker or using the strava app on your mobile device from March 1st to 31st. Submit proof of completion by submitting your gps file or screen shot to email@example.com* or post your run to strava and request to join our strava group https://www.strava.com/clubs/Terrace5k
- Awards will be given to the top three fastest male and female runners on the course* in the following categories: under 19, 19-34, 35-54, 55+.
- Medals and awards will be available for pick-up at a local event sponsor. Unclaimed awards will be mailed to participants.
- 50% of race proceeds will be donated to high school track and field programs in Terrace, BC at Caledonia Secondary School and Centennial Christian School.
*Virtual course begins at the end of the northernmost section of Cory Drive, turn left onto McConnell Ave, left onto Thomas Street, left onto Kalum Lake Hwy, left onto McConnell Ave and left onto Cory Drive and finish at the end of Cory Drive.
**To be eligible for top finisher awards you must join the strava group and upload your run to strava.