July 15, 2023
Skeena Valley Runners 2023 Membership
Membership is required to participate in group runs.
Benefits of Membership:
- Members receive a $3 discount on all Skeena Valley Runners' races.
- Discounts through BC Athletics.
- Sport accident insurance.
- Group runs and special events.
- Vote at our AGM.
Safety/ Acknowledgment of Risk:
The responsibility for sport safety must be shared by all. I, the undersigned, am aware that there is a certain risk of injury involved in my own or my child's participation in sport, either while traveling to or from the event; or while attending or participating in the programs or activities of the events which are sanctioned/approved by BC Athletics, its Divisions, its Member Clubs or recognized organizing societies. It is understood by me that the signing of this document is intended to indicate that on behalf of myself and/or my child I assume the shared responsibility and acknowledge the risk of injury by so participating.
By completing this membership application form, signing and joining BC Athletics you consent to the collection of this information and its use as per the BC Athletics Privacy Statement and Policy - see Identifying Purposes - Appendix II of the Policy available at www.bcathletics.org
For more information or to limit the release of information contact the BC Athletics Privacy Officer, Sam Collier at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Canadian Anti-Doping Program:
The Canadian Anti-Doping Program (CADP) is generally considered to be one of the most thorough and comprehensive doping control policies in the world. By operating on the basis of a collective agreement within the sport, the policy provides for a truly independent, transparent and cost-effective anti-doping system. It also provides the procedural fairness and protects the athletes’ rights throughout the process.
Benefits to Athletics Canada and its Members:
- Independent, transparent system provides the athletes and the public, confidence in Athletics Canada and our anti-doping policy.
- When all (majority) sports adopt the policy, it reduces our liability. The CADP serves as a shield against legal challenges to individual National Sport Organizations (NSO).
- The CADP and more specifically, the Standard Operating Procedures have not had any successful legal challenges.
- All testing services, laboratory analysis, result management and the administration of procedural fairness are all paid for by the Federal Government and the Canadian Centre for Ethics in Sport when Athletics Canada becomes part of the system by adopting the CADP.
Athletics Canada has adopted the 2015 Canadian Anti-Doping Program as the anti-doping policy and regulations of the organization.
By completing this membership application and joining BC Athletics I acknowledge and agree to:
Public Health Guidelines: That Participant will follow orders, recommended guidelines, laws and protocols of the Government of Canada, the Province of British Columbia, the Provincial Health Officer, Athletics Canada, British Columbia Amateur Athletics Association, BC Athletics Member Clubs/Training Groups and BC Athletics Sanctioned Events in order to reduce the spread of Viral and Bacterial Disease(s) and Contagion(s);
Safe Sport: The Participant agrees to comply with all rules and regulations of BC Amateur Athletics Association (BC Athletics), Athletics Canada including but not limited to:
BC Athletics (Members) Codes of Conduct
BC Athletics Policy on Harassment
BC Athletics Spectator Code of Conduct
BC Athletics and Athletics Canada Safe Sport Policies
In the event the Participant fails, in the sole determination of BC Athletics, to comply with any such public health guidelines, rules and regulations or related protocols, the Participant may be removed from or prevented from participating in the Activities.