Skeena Valley Runners 2021 Membership
Membership is required to participate in group runs, coaching programs, and learn to run clinics.
Benefits of Membership:
- Members receive a $3 discount on all Skeena Valley Runners' races.
- Discounts through BC Athletics.
- Sport accident insurance.
- Group runs and special events.
- Vote at our AGM.
Safety/ Acknowledgment of Risk:
The responsibility for sport safety must be shared by all. I, the undersigned, am aware that there is a certain risk of injury involved in my own or my child's participation in sport, either while traveling to or from the event; or while attending or participating in the programs or activities of the events which are sanctioned/approved by BC Athletics, its Divisions, its Member Clubs or recognized organizing societies. It is understood by me that the signing of this document is intended to indicate that on behalf of myself and/or my child I assume the shared responsibility and acknowledge the risk of injury by so participating.
By completing this membership application form, signing and joining BC Athletics you consent to the collection of this information and its use as per the BC Athletics Privacy Statement and Policy - see Identifying Purposes - Appendix II of the Policy available at www.bcathletics.org
For more information or to limit the release of information contact the BC Athletics Privacy Officer, Sam Collier at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Canadian Anti-Doping Program:
The Canadian Anti-Doping Program (CADP) is generally considered to be one of the most thorough and comprehensive doping control policies in the world. By operating on the basis of a collective agreement within the sport, the policy provides for a truly independent, transparent and cost-effective anti-doping system. It also provides the procedural fairness and protects the athletes’ rights throughout the process.
Benefits to Athletics Canada and its Members:
- Independent, transparent system provides the athletes and the public, confidence in Athletics Canada and our anti-doping policy.
- When all (majority) sports adopt the policy, it reduces our liability. The CADP serves as a shield against legal challenges to individual National Sport Organizations (NSO).
- The CADP and more specifically, the Standard Operating Procedures have not had any successful legal challenges.
- All testing services, laboratory analysis, result management and the administration of procedural fairness are all paid for by the Federal Government and the Canadian Centre for Ethics in Sport when Athletics Canada becomes part of the system by adopting the CADP.
Athletics Canada has adopted the 2015 Canadian Anti-Doping Program as the anti-doping policy and regulations of the organization.
St. Patrick's Day Virtual 5k
Challenge yourself by running the 2021 Virtual St. Patrick's Day 5 km
$30 for adults, $15 for children (born 2003 or later).
Skeena Valley Runners with paid membership fees receive a $3 discount on race fees. Learn more about membership here
-Entry fee includes:
- Unlimited 5k attempts (Choose your own safe course)
- Potential to win awesome door prizes.
- Unique finisher medal.
- Skeena Valley Runners buff.
- Sport insurance for your 5k attempts.
-How the race works:
- Sign-up to run the race
- Run a safe 5k route (following traffic rules) with a gps tracker or using a fitness tracking app (strava, run mapper, etc.) on your mobile device from March 1st to 31st. Submit proof of completion by submitting your GPS file or a screenshot of your activity to email@example.com*
- Awards will be given to the top three fastest male and female runners in the following categories: under 19, 19-34, 35-54, 55+.*
- Medals and awards will be available for pick-up at a local event sponsor. Unclaimed awards will be mailed to participants.
- 50% of race proceeds will be donated to high school track and field programs in Terrace, BC at Caledonia Secondary School and Centennial Christian School.
*To be eligible for top finisher awards and listed in the results you must submit a gps file (.gpx, .fit etc) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Screenshot submissions are ineligible for age category awards and overall results.
As a participant in this virtual event, I agree to:
- Not wear headphones while doing this virtual race, as this is not on a closed course.
- Review the route before running.
- Pick a virtual race time to avoid congestion.
- Carry a mobile phone as means to connect if you require assistance while running.
- Bring along adequate hydration and nourishment.
- Follow Provincial Physical Distancing Guidelines.
- Consult with a doctor before starting a new training regime.